70 Suburban

AiiRaciing

After looking at probably 15 Suburban’s last year that were $20k+ and trashed, I finally found this 1970 3 door that an 86 year old man owned and was slowly restoring, plus he wasn’t asking for a ridiculous amount of $ for it. It’s nowhere near perfect, but it’s a driver and has a ton of potential IMO, so after driving it around town and collecting parts for the last 10 months, yesterday I dropped the Suburban off at Team West’s shop in Fullerton for the 1st phase of the build. Plans are to be lowered 4/6”, 20” wheels, 14” 6 piston WilWood brakes at all 4 corners with a Currie 9”.
2nd phase will be that 4L85 Monster Trans, built LS3 from Morruzzi Race Engines, 2 PRP Race seats up front with 2 PRP benches for the other 2 rows. At some point it’ll go to paint and body, but that’s a low priority with 2 kids.IMG_2907.jpegE8F7831F-504D-436D-8794-FCEEB1398569.jpeg3A5655C4-49E7-4C0E-BA8D-F0609E9BE7D6.jpegIMG_3189.jpegIMG_3188.jpeg73319055268__232708D4-6F82-440E-9754-3B04DB77F87E.jpegIMG_3516.jpeg

Sounds awesome but don't agree with the PRP front and back but that's just me. Cool looking build and should be a ton of fun

2 sets of buckets for the front and middle rows and a bench in the very back would be nicer to get in and out of but I don't know how many kids/people you have in the crew.

We had a tahoe like that and it was way easier to stuff people into vs the 2/3/3 on our highlander.

Sean

We have 2 kids and don’t ever have extra people with us. So the plan was 2 buckets up front, bench seat in the 2nd row and the 3rd bench seat will be facing out the back(Vista Cruiser style) for when we are cruisin car shows.
I have a brand new 58” bench from my F100(going wider in that truck) and it just so happens that the Suburban needs a 58” bench seat in the middle . 194AB80F-86E4-49B8-B0BE-59D65C0651BE.jpeg

what do you think he should do leave it stock ?
Stock but reworked to have bolsters and a better cover would be fine but if you want an upgrade I would go with something more fitting then offroad suspension seats in a street truck... Something like some Recaro's for the front then you can get benches that match for the rear.... Had them in my old VW and really liked them. Again... Just personal preference.

1715815731374.png
1715815747866.png

TMI (Just one company of the many) sells seats for the 70 C10 which I am assuming is probably the same as the suburban (Even more options on their site):

1715816113909.png

Last edited:
Stock but reworked to have bolsters and a better cover would be fine but if you want an upgrade I would go with something more fitting then offroad suspension seats in a street truck... Something like some Recaro's for the front then you can get benches that match for the rear.... Had them in my old VW and really liked them. Again... Just personal preference.

View attachment 24347
View attachment 24348

TMI (Just one company of the many) sells seats for the 70 C10 which I am assuming is probably the same as the suburban (Even more options on their site):

View attachment 24350
The stock seats have been swapped out to a late model Suburban interior and that’s not working for me.
Funny you mention TMI, been friends with a few of their guys for many years now and get a REALLY nice discount, plus over the weekend I flew out to Dallas with 3 of their guys and flew back with them on Sunday night so I’ve got a good relationship, and as much as I like their seats, it’s just not financially feasible when you factor in that I have 2 kids and one of them is 3 years old. I already have a car(V-Wagon) that I don’t want her making a mess in, I’d rather spend a grand on all my PRP seats and not give a shit.

Oh and at some point I plan on building a twin turbo 418 that should make 11-1200hp. When that dream engine is in the Suburban I’m going to want more than TMI seats in there.

The bench in the F100 looks good. I almost went with a bench in my single cab prerunner, but ended up resizing 3 Mastercraft buckets to fit.

The stock seats have been swapped out to a late model Suburban interior and that’s not working for me.
Funny you mention TMI, been friends with a few of their guys for many years now and get a REALLY nice discount, plus over the weekend I flew out to Dallas with 3 of their guys and flew back with them on Sunday night so I’ve got a good relationship, and as much as I like their seats, it’s just not financially feasible when you factor in that I have 2 kids and one of them is 3 years old. I already have a car(V-Wagon) that I don’t want her making a mess in, I’d rather spend a grand on all my PRP seats and not give a shit.

Oh and at some point I plan on building a twin turbo 418 that should make 11-1200hp. When that dream engine is in the Suburban I’m going to want more than TMI seats in there.
Can confirm the gremlins have already stained the PRPs before they have shipped haha... oh and they are sticky haha

I get it... Your truck to do what you want with. DW asked what I would do and honestly if it were my money I would probably end up going the cheaper option to because I am a cheap ass but if I am spending your money I would go TMI or something like that ... HA.

Back