Buggy dorks inc.

Chancegoodman

Alright so a buddy and I have a mid engine swing axle high jumper chassis (I think?) laying around that I have been wanting to jump into.
Current plan is to redo the back and convert it to its and rear engine
Open to any questions comments or concerns because as per usual I have no clue what I’m doing and will ethier work right or spontaneous combust so please enjoy all my fuck ups

Attachments

• IMG_7369.jpeg
    IMG_7369.jpeg
    452 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_7367.jpeg
    IMG_7367.jpeg
    327.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_7368.jpeg
    IMG_7368.jpeg
    407.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_7364.jpeg
    IMG_7364.jpeg
    396.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_7366.jpeg
    IMG_7366.jpeg
    391.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_7365.jpeg
    IMG_7365.jpeg
    381.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_7361.jpeg
    IMG_7361.jpeg
    425.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_7363.jpeg
    IMG_7363.jpeg
    421 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_7362.jpeg
    IMG_7362.jpeg
    482.4 KB · Views: 5
I too enjoy projects that take a lot of work and could easily be avoided.

I applaud your wherewithal to take on the challenge. Only thing I would point out is basic rail frames are fairly cheap and easy to come by in more of a desert layout.

That being said, it’s fun to take something and make it your own.

If your goals is desert car, you will need to do a lot of strengthening. Those sand cars do not take the abuse ocotillo and JV deliver.

I too enjoy projects that take a lot of work and could easily be avoided.

I applaud your wherewithal to take on the challenge. Only thing I would point out is basic rail frames are fairly cheap and easy to come by in more of a desert layout.

That being said, it’s fun to take something and make it your own.

If your goals is desert car, you will need to do a lot of strengthening. Those sand cars do not take the abuse ocotillo and JV deliver.
im well aware that we could get a irs chassis for cheap and go from there but im always up for the challenge of trying something

Right on man. I love the idea of keeping something in the desert. Nowadays with the price of vw’s you can put a ecotec or something like that for cheaper. What kind of drivetrain you going to do?

Right on man. I love the idea of keeping something in the desert. Nowadays with the price of vw’s you can put a ecotec or something like that for cheaper. What kind of drivetrain you going to do?
at the moment we have a type one trans and a 1600 block to use along with having a pair of 3x3 arms the goal will be to keep the car as simple and functional as possible

I have been wanting to get into an old school Sand Buggy. My brother and I grew up going to Glamis and my dad had a Hi-Jumper mid engine. I do not know much about the exact spec on the chassis but it was mid engine, had chrome coilovers on the rear, no shock what so ever on the front. I do recall one trip on hard pack and it bent the bar that tied both rear coilovers together. In the sand all was well.

Here is one of the few shots I have of it, I think that is my little brother playing race car driver in it.

20230906_083014.jpg

I have been wanting to get into an old school Sand Buggy. My brother and I grew up going to Glamis and my dad had a Hi-Jumper mid engine. I do not know much about the exact spec on the chassis but it was mid engine, had chrome coilovers on the rear, no shock what so ever on the front. I do recall one trip on hard pack and it bent the bar that tied both rear coilovers together. In the sand all was well.

Here is one of the few shots I have of it, I think that is my little brother playing race car driver in it.

View attachment 20452
That’s a rad little buggy but we’re going to try and beef it up and make it be able to take the abuse of hard pack so that’s one reason for converting the rear to irs

Back