Sequoia Family Crawler

Motiracer38

This is probably long overdue but it is time to take the family along on off road adventures. I pondered over building another fast truck out of a crew cab fullsize but couldn't fall in love with the idea. To do it right takes a lot of money in shocks and parts along with a lot of build time. Instead I'm going to do it cheap and quick to not lose any more time with the kids.

I picked up this gem on a freak April snow storm, towed home with the wife's kid mobile since my truck wouldn't start. 2003 Toyota Sequoia that runs but doesn't drive. Just about fullsize with a V8 and enough seats for the whole family.
IMG_20240406_082414004_HDR.jpg

A trip to the off-road swapmeet netted some 40" tires, coilovers, and a set of super duty axles. First order of business is to clean it up and strip it down. Set above ride height for now and seeing how much more needs to get cut out.
IMG_20240505_200620238.jpg

I got both axles cleaned of all the stock mounts. This was quite a bit of work but gives you so much more room to build from.
IMG_20240505_193533523.jpg

I have no idea what I'm doing but it should be a fun build.

Figuring out long travel and low ride height has been a steep learning curve so progress has been slow. I could not get shocks to clear the front end with the wide frame in the way and up-travel was severely limited with panhard placement so I came up with a solid plan and trimmed off the clashing parts. The front axle cleaning is complete and ready to start trussing soon.
IMG_20240510_154000526.jpg

Figuring out long travel and low ride height has been a steep learning curve so progress has been slow. I could not get shocks to clear the front end with the wide frame in the way and up-travel was severely limited with panhard placement so I came up with a solid plan and trimmed off the clashing parts. The front axle cleaning is complete and ready to start trussing soon.
View attachment 24229
"Minor Trimming"

Sean

@84projectFORD I have the same WWBD bracelet you have on, What Would Bodj Do?
🙏
53720546917_9a1ff62735_b.jpg

Back